Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Birthdays and Motorsports Complex

Another beautiful day and a busy weekend. On April 9th, our youth at church are having a yard sale to raise money for the mission field for this summer and I've been busy today gathering items for the sale. Naturally, when I start one project it tends to lead to another -- now I'm proud to say the bottom of my closet and all extra items are gone.



Yesterday was my son's birthday. He's 44 years old but it sure doesn't seem like that many years has gone by.

But I sure do remember his birth, my DH was in Viet Nam, I had returned home to live with my parents, at the time my mom didn't drive a car, my dad was at work so we callled my MIL to take me to the hospital. I first woke up around 6:00 AM and thought I had a tummy ache so I went back to bed -- well, at 9:00 AM, I told mom maybe we should call and go to the hospital. MIL arrived, but mom was writing a letter to my Grandma and didn't want to stop. Long story short - he was born at 12:00 noon, on April 1st. Daddy always called him his "fishing buddy" and brought a rod and reel to the hospital. He was the first GC on both sides so he always got the "royal" treatment. (DD will gladly tell those stories.)

Speaking of DD --- she is the first new employee of the Motorsports Complex! She gave her two week notice at work Friday and starts the new job on April 18. "Now I'll get paid to do what I've been paying to do all my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love to hear from you.