Total Pageviews

Friday, July 2, 2010

July 4th

My mom took this picture when our national guard was deployed to Afghanistan, there were two fire trucks holding it over the main street of our little town.



On this wonderful 4th of July weekend, I wish you all well, joy and happiness. I'm from a military family and I guess I'll always get misty eyed and proud when I hear The Star Spangled Banner. My children were raised to place their hand over their heart in a salute to the flag and, likewise, they have taught their children to do the same. It amazes me how many Americans don't do this or totally ignore and talk during observance to the flag - that's a pet peeve of mine, my grandfather, FIL, husband and dad fought for them to have this freedom and it just ircks (if that's a word) me for them not to show respect.
Wow, let me get off my soapbox and again wish you all a great weekend, enjoy your freedoms...Love to all....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love to hear from you.