Total Pageviews

Monday, May 24, 2010

Earth Day 2010




I just had to share these photos, my parents live in an apartment at a retirement complex and were honored with a white crape myrtle for all their volunteer work that they do around there and also in the community. As you can see, they were surprised -- I later asked Mom "didn't you wonder why the family was here?" "No" "didn't you wonder why I had my camera?" "No"........

They are an exceptional couple, with their love for the Lord, their zeal for life and all the activites they do. She's 82 and he will be 92 in September. God has blessed us with them for such a long time. Three years ago while he was at the doctor's office for surgery pre-op, she had a heart attack. The doctor brought her around, EMS transferred her to the hospital, there she died twice more, they brought her around and finally transported her to a hospital 35 miles away, they did surgery and gave her a pace maker. It's hard to imagine that someday either one of them might be gone, I get choked up just thinking about it, so I try not to think about it. She's such a blessing to our family and even though he's my step-dad we love him just like he has always been ours.
Just wanted to share, I love that picture --- it's hard to surprise them with anything!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love to hear from you.