Total Pageviews

Friday, March 18, 2016

Cleaning /Organizing my sewing room

Our lives are going through some changes, which calls for some down-sizing and closet cleaning.  The hall linen closet's door can now be closed, and the extra blankets have been donated to the homeless.
 
My sewing and crocheting have always been my escape or "zone out" if I needed some quiet time.  Anyway, while trying to make a special sanctuary for myself,  I have added some of my favorite items to the sewing room.  My uncle from West Virginia, who died in 2003, bought the plate on the left while they were visiting us, and my aunt graciously gave it to me.  It always amazed me that Uncle Dan knew about antiques, my DH knows what he likes and is beginning to learn about antiques.  The plate brings back memories that make me smile.  The crochet angel on the left was made by my aunt, given to my mom, and it now resides at my house.  The angel on the right was made by a friend that lived at the local retirement home.   The other items have been thrifting finds, and angels added to my collection.  The other side of the room isn't finished so I'll post those pictures later.
 
Thanks for stopping by, and I hope everyone has a wonderful, blessed weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty keepsakes! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest. I need to finish up my sewing room so that I can show it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to hear from you.